Monday, May 25, 2009

quilt square attempt


Some of my coworkers have decided to make a quilt for one of the retiring supervisors. This is my first attempt to do anything like this. The inspiration was "As for me and my house we will serve the Lord."hence the house. Service- because she is a social worker and she has not only retired from BCCYSSA but had already put in 20 years of service at DYFS in New Jersey and retired from there as well.
I then decided to put a heart on the side instead of windows. The inspiration was one of my favorite lines from the Wizard of Oz. It is the wizard telling the tin man that "A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others." I did not know her very well because she worked in a different division that I did not have much interaction with. I do know that she is very much loved by the adolescent unit and they will miss her terribly.
I am fusing the house onto a piece of muslin and then I plan to stitch around the outline with coordinating embroidery floss to give it punch. I would like to stitch the scripture on as well.

1 comment:

MelB said...

It looks great and I love all the thought that went into it!